Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chapter 1- Time to leap

To be quite frank, I'm terrified. No joke. This is probably the most scared I have been in... my life. I really have no idea where this journey will take me. That's not to say I don't have goals or plans of some sort. However, those are ancillary (I just learned that word. I'm having fun using it). They are means to an end. The end part is the big mystery. On the flip side, it is incredibly exciting to hop in the proverbial cab and just say "Drive!"

The purpose of this whole mess is really to dig down to my core and find what my true desire is so I can live from it and rely on God to realize it with me. Note WITH me not FOR me. I am not alone in this little adventure.

I think what got this whole thing started was a book I was reading a couple of months ago called "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years." Incredible, profound book. I highly recommend it! One of things that stood out to me was when the narrator was trying to pinpoint the definition of what a "story" is. In the book, his slightly phlegmatic friend turns and says "A story is a character who wants something and overcomes conflict to get it." Hold on... Let it sink in. Simple, yet too entirely true. And I thought to myself "Huh. What DO I want?" I can't be in a story if I don't know what I want.

So here I am. On a journey for what I want. A search for a story to be a part of and to unveil the glory God has created in me.

Oh, so what have I done today? Well, I met with some friends for lunch, brainstormed on a project it would be fun to work on together, had a really good Koo Koo Roo Caesar Wrap, came home, had some quality time with God, played a little "Assassins Creed 2", faced a pretty stifling fear which I have been struggling with for quite a while, spent some time with Billy and Isis and then sent out an email containing what my goals for the next two months are... Oh, and began a blog.

I think the scariest part of this is the thought of coming out at the other end of this not having accomplished anything. However, that is already an unreality. I've already faced some pretty intense fears. It's all downhill from here right?

1 comment:

  1. Yep! All downhill. :) Keep reminding yourself of that when it gets scary again--and it will! Anything worthwhile will be opposed, right?

    Keep going! We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete